VINEX Marketplace For Sale
Business Acquisition Opportunity
After 10 years of creating the Global B2B Wine Marketplace for bulk and bottled wines, we're proud to invite expressions of interest to acquire part or the whole VINEX business.
VINEX is the market leading Global B2B Wine Marketplace for the promotion, sampling and trade of wine within and across all markets.
Launched in 2016, VINEX digitised and now connects the wine trade in 7 languages and all time zones enabling the secure offering, purchase and payment of bulk and bottled wines within the industry. To date, more than 150 million bottles of wine have been transacted across 26 countries. Income is generated from trading commission, memberships, advancing producer payments and other associated platform fees.
A unique opportunity now exists to leverage the foundation built from 7 years of investment and business development.The business has ongoing customers, is generating income and has no debt. The sale includes all branding, software, processes, publishing, 10 years of market price data, market monitoring, member database and all the intellectual property for each of the digitised services, including Bottled & Bulk Wine Marketplace, Grape Marketplace (not currently in use), Market Data, Supply Management (Buyer) System and VINPay Payments. The partial or whole sale will be unencumbered, with clear title of sale.
The sale is due to the founder wanting to transition to partial retirement, however is available to assist in the successful transition of the business.
An acquisition of the platform, data and services offers the buyer a unique opportunity to capitalise on both the acceleration of demand for faster and easier industry connection, and the foundation the VINEX team has created since its launch in March 2016. The business consists of far more than just the proprietary marketplace trading platform and sampling module software, and under the recognised VINEX brand or even re-branded, could be appealing and beneficial to:
- Wine Trade Fair wanting 365 global digital engagement with exhibitors and delegates, through market connection, sampling & publishing
- Wine CRM, Publisher or Procurement SaaS provider wanting to increase their industry access, relevance and income
- Wine brokers wanting to complement their regional analogue service and fast-track global market digital trading
- Investors or entrepreneurs focused on B2B industry-leading marketplace and procurement platforms
- Digital B2C wine platforms wanting to integrate vertically and grow supply access
- AgriCommodity B2B platforms wanting to further diversify and leverage their core trading competencies
Information in our dataroom is available to qualified buyers on receipt of a signed non-disclosure and confidentiality agreement. If you would like to express your interest, and request more information please email below.
Expressions of Interest, now welcome.
31 March 2024 @ 5pm GMT
- Company information will be provided directly from VINEX and bidders are deemed to have carried out their own due diligence.
- A completed non-binding Offer Form must be provided for an offer to be considered.
- Such sale will be without warranties or guarantees.
- Such sale will be subject to shareholder approval.